- A student, parent, or staff member who has entered our facility is newly identified as having COVID-19.
- COVID-19 point of contact (POC) initiates list of close contacts** of the ill individual and communicates possible exposure to other students, teacher(s), staff, and parent(s), guardian(s) or caregiver(s) of student(s) in our program.
- Exposed area(s) closed off for up to 24 hours. Cleaning and disinfection of area performed by appropriate staff.
- Work with local health officials to assess transmission levels and support contact tracing efforts.
- Close contacts** are notified, and consult with healthcare provider to determine if testing is recommended.
- COVID-19 positive person is asked to quarantine for 14 days, and only return after meeting the criteria for ending home isolation.***
**Close contact is defined as someone who was within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more within 2 days prior to illness onset, regardless of whether the contact was wearing a mask.
***Student can end home isolation after meeting all of the following three criteria: at least 10 days since symptoms appeared; at least 24 hours with no fever-reducing medication; and symptoms have improved.